1. We all know that the Cheetah is the fastest land mammal on the planet but did you know that each Cheetah has its own unique pattern of spots on its body and banding on its tail? Come “spot” one with us in Ndutu or Serengeti!
2. Now,now, everyone blames the hen for never taking flight despite having wings, but did you know that the beautiful Ostrich is not only the world’s largest bird, but also the only flightless one native to Africa?
3. Lions are Africa’s largest carnivores! They’re also the most popular wild animal in terms of the “want to see most” from our visitors!
4. Ngorongoro, Manyara and Serengeti host some of the best swimmers seen in the wild;the Hippopotamus! Hippos swim very well and can stay underwater for about 3 minutes! Their bodies tend to overheat so you’ll be seeing these beauties near various water bodies mostly!
5. For all its great length, the Giraffe’s neck has the same number of vertebrae as man; 7!
6. A male buffalo can be distinguished from a female one by paying attention to their horn shapes and sizes.
7. Elephants rear their children as a whole-everyone in the pack is involved in the upbringing of the young!
8. Vultures heavily rely on their eyes to spot kills-their vision is up to 8 times better than that of humans!
9. Contrary to popular belief crocodiles are the largest reptiles in the world not alligators!
10. Each Zebra has a unique stripe pattern making them comparatively easy to distinguish a part